Original Blues may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from May 2018.
1. WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Original Blues Clothing Co Ltd is the controller and responsible for this website.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows
- Personal and payment details data:
- Your full name including that of your recipient if different from yours
- Your billing and delivery addresses and that of your recipient’s if different from yours, email address, telephone and mobile numbers
- Your payment details: for online orders, we never have access to your card numbers if you use Worldpay and Pay Pal as our card processor. For Secure form, if you use secure form this means that the transaction is only taken once the goods are ready for dispatch and the credit card details deleted five days later.
- For postal and phone orders, we never store nor retain any card or bank details once used to process your order.
- Telephone orders and secure form order all credit card details are destroyed 4 weeks after transaction.
- Profile and technical data:
- Your order details and history
- Your browsing history on our website, IP address, username and encrypted password(s) if you register an account
- Your preferences and feedback (reviews)
- Marketing and communications data:
- Your preferences in receiving marketing information from us
- We may also collect data of any communications you initiated with us via phone, email or via our website. For example, you requested a “back in stock” alert, sizing guidance or an exchange request, etc. This list is not exhaustive.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, such as:
- Information provided by you
- When you make a purchase on our website, over the phone or by post
- When you create an account on our website
- When you subscribe to our mailing list to receive marketing information like our newsletter and promotions.
- When you enter a competition or special offers provided by us
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract: this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. In other words, we need your personal data to process your order, check and validate your payment so that we can decide to accept, or not, your order and get it dispatched.
- Legitimate Interest: this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). This may also include contacting you when an order has been initiated but left incomplete or payment failed.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing &
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests(to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To administer and protect our business and this website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests(to study how customers use our products, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests(to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
Marketing & promotional offers from us
When you visit our website, register an account on our website, place an online order, you will be given the option to subscribe to our mailing list. If you choose to subscribe,, rest assured that you will always be able to opt(unsubscribe) out at any time.
If you place an order over the phone, we will always seek your consent before adding your email address to our mailing list from which you can opt out at any time.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have subscribed to our mailing list or if you provided your details while entering a competition or registered for a promotion, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Opting out( unsubscribe)
You can opt out by un subscribing of our mailing list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on our newsletter, or by contacting us.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of initiating and/or completing a purchase of goods or service from us.
We never sell your personal data to any third parties.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DATA SECURITY
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Our website is PCI compliant and HTTPS (hyper transfer protocol secure) which you can see from the green padlock in your browser. This means that all communications, ie data, between your browser and our website are safe and encrypted. Further details are provided in our secure online statement including our SSL approval certificate. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data, see your legal rights section below for further information.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Please note that for certain legal, tax and accounting reasons, you may not be entitled to exercise all the above rights.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
8. CONTACT US, QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact us.